Driving lessons in York
BSM. A faster way to learn
Get your driving off to a cracking start with one of our BSM Driving Instructors in York. They know the area and they know how to get you ready for your test. Give us a call or book online today.
• We deliver an average of 18,000 lessons a week
• Our pupils’ 59% first time pass rate is 10% better than the national average*
• Our service is out of this world! Each year, between them our instructors drive enough miles to travel to the Moon
Tired of waiting?
With 100 people in our call centre, we’re always ready to talk. If you can’t wait to get started, we can arrange a next-day lesson with one of our York Driving Instructors.
• Our weekend, morning and evening sessions mean we can always work around you
• Just give us 24 hours’ notice and we’ll get you behind the wheel
• Rearrange or cancel lessons with no fuss with 48 hours notice
If you want your learning process to be a sprint rather than a marathon, then try one of our intensive courses. They’re the quickest way to get through your test and on the road.
If you’ve left it late and have already booked your test, don’t worry. We can arrange everything for you, including a few last-minute lessons and the car!
No better place to learn
We’ve got more than 100 years of experience and an unrivalled reputation to protect, so all of our instructors are thoroughly vetted and DBS checked. You concentrate on your driving and we’ll worry about the rest.
• All of our instructors are as friendly as they are skilled
• We’ve got a great mix of male and female instructors
• 1-2-1 sessions offer the best results, so that’s all we offer
• A whopping 84% of our pupils stay with their first instructor right through to their test
• If you do want to switch instructor, we’ll just transfer your hours. No drama.
No unnecessary lessons
We know you just want to get that license in your hand, so we keep things simple. Our progression tracker is the perfect way to keep an eye on your route to success.
• We helped create the test, so we know how to pass it
• More than 75% of our pupils pass within 20 lessons of 2 hours.
• Get discounts by block booking sessions. We’ll refund 100% of the lessons you don’t use
Did you know?
There’s no requirement to pass your theory test before you start driving. Let’s get started today and we can book your Practical and Theory tests at the York test centre of your choice when the time comes.
• If you have any theory queries, our instructors are there to answer them
• We’ll make sure your theory and practical skills are on point before your tests
Learning to drive with BSM in York
Manual or automatic?
There’s no need to stress - choose what type of car suits you, manual or automatic.
• If biting points make you grind your teeth, opt for automatic
• If you’re happy to go manual, that will give you more options later
• Either way, our Peugeot 208 and 308 cars both have dual control to get you through those nervy early sessions.
Beginner or pro?
It doesn’t matter if you’re a driving genius, a complete novice or anywhere in between, our range of lesson packages will get you over the line and on the road.
• Our beginner lessons are perfect if it’s your first time behind the wheel
• If you need a confidence boost, we’ve got you covered
• We know motorway driving can seem scary - we’ll get you through it
• If you think you’re ready, our Pass Plus Course will take you to the next level
We want to make your life easy, so we’ve included free AA recovery standby membership in your bundle. Oh, and you can get discounts on all sorts of fun things, too.
Test locations near York
We know that York driving test routes were created to include all of the challenges of city driving. That’s why we only pick highly-skilled instructors with detailed knowledge of the local area. They’ll make sure you’re ready when test day comes.
York Practical Test Centre
Murton Way, Osbaldwick, York, North Yorkshire, YO19 5UN
York Theory Test Centre
Stirling House, Station Business Park, Holgate Park Drive York, , YO26 4GB