Driving lessons in London
BSM. A faster way to learn
BSM is one of the most experienced and trusted driving schools in the UK, with over 100 years of driving lesson experience dating back to 1910, 800 instructors across the country, and a sales team of over 100 staff waiting for your phone call. Learning to drive in London takes special expertise and we have plenty of instructors here at BSM ready to start tomorrow.
• All our BSM instructors are trained and approved by the DVSA, we only accept the best
• Over 75% of BSM’s students pass within the first 40 hours of lessons
• 97% of our students recommend us to their friends once they pass*
• We’ve got a flexible schedule to fit even the busiest London lifestyle, with plenty of mornings, evening and weekend hours available
• This year alone our students have driven independently for 18,000 hours, now that’s what we call experience!
• Got a test coming up? Use our short notice test product for test cover and lessons leading up to the big day!
No matter where you live in London, there's a top-rated BSM instructor ready for you! Here are some of the top areas you can book lessons:
Barking, Bromley, Croydon, Dagenham, Dartford, Ealing, Enfield, Hackney, Harrow, Hayes, Hounslow, Islington, Kingston upon Thames, Romford, Southall, Sutton, Tottenham, Twickenham, Uxbridge, Walthamstow, Watford, Wembley.
Tired of waiting?
Thousands of people are trying to book driving lessons in London every week. Rather than waiting around for a private instructor, give our team a call and we can help arrange lessons starting as soon as possible. No matter the Borough, no matter your experience, BSM has your back.
• Our instructors have flexible schedules and are willing to get started whenever you are
• We love short notice bookings and always strive to find you a spot in the next available slot
• BSM is all about our experienced instructors - on average we deliver 18,000 lessons a week
London is a fast-paced city and sometimes you need to kick it up a notch. BSM’s intensive driving courses are designed to be taken over the course of a few weeks. This a cost-effective and time-saving method to pass your test in no time at all. Contact the BSM team today to find out more about our lessons and to book in with one of our great instructors.
We also understand how frustrating it can be if your driving test falls through at the last moment.
No better place to learn
BSM has been teaching people how to drive in the UK since 1910. In that time we’ve taught millions of lessons, covered enough miles to travel to the Moon this year alone, and helped students master 72,000 parallel parks this year. Our introduction offers, bulk discounts for multiple lessons, and awesome customer service make us an easy choice in London.
• Thanks to our amazing instructors we receive a 9/10 satisfaction score from our students
• 84% of our pupils stick with the same instructor from the first lesson to the final test
• You can make same-day amendments to your schedule, no hard feelings, just let us know
• 1-2-1 lessons that are structured around you, your confidence, and your driving skills
• Female and male driving instructors are available
No unnecessary lessons
All our years of experience have helped us streamline the driving lesson process. There are no wasted hours, no unnecessary lessons, and each of our instructors knows exactly when you’re ready to take your driving test...and pass the first time! We don’t compromise on the quality of our lessons but we do make it much faster and more affordable to learn to drive in London.
• Turn out to be a master of navigating London behind the wheel? Don’t need those extra lessons? We’ll refund you, even if you’ve booked in advance
• We offer introductory lessons, discounts on bulk sets of lessons, and specialized lessons shaped around your experience and confidence behind the wheel
• How do we prove we know what we’re doing? Our first-time pass rate is 10% higher than the national DVSA average
Did you know?
You don’t need to wait around until you’ve passed your theory test before you start driving around London. Our instructors are ready to start tomorrow, so why bother with all the studying in the meantime? Learning is more fun when it’s hands-on!
• Learn about speed limits, road signs and stopping distances practically on the road, it’s a much better way of learning!
• Build up the confidence you need to pass the first time
Learning to drive with BSM in London
Manual or automatic?
Finding it difficult to choose between a Manual or Automatic car? Truth is, in London, an Automatic car might make more sense, there’s a lot of traffic and a lot of stopping and starting. Thankfully, our fleet includes both manual and automatic cars, meaning the choice is always yours when you learn to drive with us.
• Can’t decide which to pick? Choose manual, you can drive both automatic and manual cars after your test
Beginner or pro?
Over the years we have seen it all at BSM. From those who have never sat behind the wheel of a car before to students who have already had 50 hours of lessons. Whether you need a full-on introduction to how a car (and the road) works or just have a few areas that need tweaking before the big test, all our lessons are structured around you and you alone. Our experience enables your success.
• Starting from scratch? First-time lessons from BSM are designed to give you a complete rundown of all things driving, from indicators to license plates
• Think you’ve got the hang of driving but still don’t feel comfortable on the road? Let us know, we can arrange confidence-boosting lessons to give you a helping hand
• Nervy on the motorway? Still not 100% on that specific parking manoeuvre? Tell your instructor and we can sort out any type of lesson you need
• Pass Plus lets you continue learning after you pass your driving test
Signing up with BSM isn’t just about our trained, experienced and friendly instructors, you’re also joining one of the oldest and most trusted driving schools in the country. As our thank you for choosing BSM in London, we also offer you free AA standy recovery membership for you to use once you’ve passed your test. We’ll take care of you now, and into the future!
Test locations near London
London’s driving centres are unique because of the sheer size of the city and its greater area. Each borough has its own set of routes, although most driving tests follow the same challenges and skills needed when navigating a city the size of London.
There are busy residential roads, traffic jams, tight parking manoeuvres and plenty of buses and bicycles. London presents many challenges to the learner driver but you’re in good hands with BSM.
Here at BSM, we teach thousands of people how to drive across the city every year - you can trust our instructors to get you over the line with all the confidence and experience you need to ace your test the first time around.
Wood Green (London) Practical Test Centre
Wood Green Crown Court, Woodhall House, Lordship Lane, Wood Green, Greater London, N22 5LF
Wanstead (London) Practical Test Centre
2 Devon House, Hermon Hill, Wanstead, Greater London, E11 2AW
Tottenham Practical Test Centre
Driving Test Centre Tottenham Annex Building, Selby Centre, Selby Road, Tottenham, Greater London, N17 8JL
Mill Hill (London) Practical Test Centre
Unit 9, Grannard Business Centre, Bunns Lane, Mill Hill, Greater London, NW7 2DQ
Hither Green (London) Practical Test Centre
42-44 Ennersdale Road, Hither Green, Greater London, SE13 6JD
Hendon (London) Practical Test Centre
3 Aviation Drive, Beaufort Park, Hendon, Greater London, NW9 5TZ
Chingford (London) Practical Test Centre
Doric House, 128 Station Road, Chingford, Greater London, E4 6AD
Southgate Theory Test Centre
2nd Floor, Crown House, 47 Chase Side, Southgate, , Enfield, , N14 5BP
Southwark Theory Test Centre
10 Holyrood Street, Southwark, , London, , SE1 2EL
Mile End Theory Test Centre
3 Quebec Wharf, 14 Thomas Road, , London, , E14 7AF